Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dark Band Plays

I'm in the middle, people see me, but I see nothing.

I feel my arm raise and I hear a crowd screaming.

I look behind me, opening my eyes, I smile to a man holding sticks sitting on a chair with a set of drums infront of him.

He begins the beat, stomping on the pedal, making a low boom sound.

I look to my right, my smile slightly fades, the young man holding the electric guitar looking very sweaty and his eyebrows risen almost touching the tip of his hair. He was nervous.

The guy on the other side says "Are you ready?"

I look at him, holding his bass, he begins to strum.

A low beat starting to form and I watch my audience get louder.

The nervous boy chimes in.

Here I am, I soon begin.

"Where were you in the moonlight?" I sing.

The crowd applauses, screams calling out "I LOVE YOU!" I wonder to myself, how true is that.
They don't even know me.

"When I was with the wolf to fight,
You did not come and save me!
You could not you did not see
Me..."

The beat is slow and calming, but sorrow I feel as I sing and remember.
 My voice low, I continue...

"I stood in the forest and found you,
You looked at me with blood
I told you I would come back too
But then there came a thud."

The music begins to grow slightly faster, I start jamming to the beat and slashing my hair at the air. The crowd continues to cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment