Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Giant Will Die

She never would believe me if I ever told her, she would fall down and crumble to the ground like a pile of leaves, crying and making disastrous puddles.

I looked up at her from the ground and began to rise into the sky, my wings flying, sparkles falling down.

She sat there between the trees, sitting down holding some kind of fuzzy creature. The animal laid on her lap calmly as she stroked his hair with her gigantic hands.

She was watching the animal and then heard my wings flutter, and she looked at me and we were in eye level. She gently let go of the animal. The fuzz ball stretched and hopped off her leg, and walked away on all fours.

"Are they back?" She asked in her low and enormous voice, her eyes filled with hope that began to moisten.

I looked away to see the clouds moving in the sweetly blue sky, and a sun setting causing an ocean to have an orange circular reflection. I looked back at the giant girl, I couldn't bear to tell her the truth but it was in my instinct to just do it. Truth is always best.

"No, they're not. They've peri-" My voice high-pitched, I stopped as I watched her ball out in gigantic tears, making waterfalls of salty water and I backed away just enough so she could still hear and see me.

"Why? Why?" She called out, her face getting red.

"They've perished in the war." I finished. "You must go, child, they will try to find you." I warned her.

She looked at me, wiping her reddened eyes.

"Where is there to go? I'm a giant, you forget, How could they not find me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment